What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit almost any web site. They are stored by your Internet browser. Cookies contain basic information about your Internet use, but they do not normally identify you personally. Your browser sends these cookies back to the site every time you revisit it, so it can recognize your computer or mobile device and personalize and improve your site experience.
What types of cookies do we use?
The cookies I use fall into 2 categories. These categories are described below.
These cookies are necessary to help you access and move around my site. Without these cookies, my web site would not work properly and you would not be able to use certain features. For example, I use essential cookies for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
Analytics and customization cookies
What happens if I don’t allow cookies?
If cookies aren’t enabled on your computer, tablet or mobile (“device”), your experience on the web site may be limited.
How do I disable/enable cookies?
In order to disable/enable cookies from your device, you will need to do this via your Internet browser. I have explained how you may manage cookies on your computer via some of the main Internet browsers below. For information on how to manage cookies your tablet and/or mobile, please consult your documentation or online help files.
– In the settings menu, select ‘Show advanced settings’ at the bottom of the page
– Select the ‘Content settings’ button in the privacy section
– The top section of the page that then appears tells you about cookies and allows you to set the cookies you want. It also allows you to clear any cookies currently stored.
– In the tools menu, select ‘Options’
– Select the privacy tab in the options box
– From the dropdown choose, ‘Use custom settings for history’. This will bring up the options for cookies and you can choose to enable or disable them by clicking the tickbox.
Internet Explorer 6+
– In the tools menu, select ‘Internet options’
– Click the privacy tab
– You will see a privacy settings slider which has six settings that allow you to control the number of cookies that will be placed: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
– In the settings menu, select the ‘Preferences’ option
– Open the privacy tab
– Select the option you want from the ‘Block cookies’ section
All other browsers
For information on how to manage cookies via other browsers, please consult your documentation or online help files.
How do I disable/enable third party cookies?
Third party cookies are not placed by me. I would therefore suggest that you look at those third parties’ websites for information about the cookies they place and how you can manage them.